Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hasta Luego Miami

Well, this was inevitable.  As much as I love being here in Miami, the time has come to say goodbye.  Coming here was actually never on the agenda, but when I couldn't find a decent surgeon in North Florida that would accept my Florida Medicaid plan, I had to drive six hours south for a result.  I am glad I did, as I love my hot doctor, had a terrific surgery, and have enjoyed staying with my sister and her family.  My niece, Lucia, is one cool little kid, and it has been fun hanging out with her and getting to know her (considering I've only seen her maybe four times before in her 2 1/2-year life, thanks to the fact that I live 8,000 miles away). 

So in an hour I'm off to the airport to fly north to Atlanta, where I will rendezvous with the Spaniard (who is also flying in from Dubai) and together we will connect to another flight that will take us down to my hometown, Valdosta, Georgia (a small town on the South Georgia/North Florida border...my parents actually live right over the state line in what we like to call BFE--Bum Fu** Egypt--or, the Middle of the Woods, Florida).  We will spend the weekend doing various redneck type activities, such as riding a golf cart through mud puddles, fishing, and/or shooting guns at metal barrels before heading down to St. Augustine, Florida a for few days.

I'm saying goodbye to Miami for now, but I will be back down here in just a few weeks for my next visit with Rico Suave, MD.  I will probably have to stay down here for some time after that, as I should be getting my cast off and starting physical therapy on my right foot. 

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip! So glad you go to have that time with your sister and niece, sisters are the best!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your rendezvous with the Spaniard ;) I'm sure it's much needed by now! ahhh long distance

    ReplyDelete